Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
Pistabacsi

Will do.

Be interesting to see your findings too.

You need to search 6 Music

http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/BrowseStations/Searchform.asp

It's there for sure. Thing is, I know the Beeb are dropping suport for windows media streaming at the end of this year to an aac stream I believe.

But that's a bit achademic really. It's not the only station not coming through yet.

*goes to make a cup of tea & waits* :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

This screenshot of the vTuner website might explain some of the issues reported here:

It seems some stations are listed as INTERNET ONLY whereas others are listed by LOCATION only. I'm guessing that we can only receive the INTERNET ONLY stations on our Sony products.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

vTuner.png

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 

I guess that depends on whether you bought your Sony MX750NI just to play those two radio stations or not?

Somehow I doubt it. :thinking:

Good job you can still connect your Q2 Radio :wink:

Pistabacsi

That would seem logical, but I was able to get the BBC local stations earlier.

This one BBC Radio Gloucestershire 104.7 FM for example.

But I wasn't really interested in the local Gloucestershire "scene" :o))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MK_Slinky wrote:

@audrey84 

I guess that depends on whether you bought your Sony MX750NI just to play those two radio stations or not?

For me personally, I bought a Robert iStream net radio to listen to 1 station - Australian Cricket in err Australia.  So when I got it, all worked fine - then tried to listen to Cricket (the purpose for this radio) - BLOCKED - Stream cut off.  I was like ***** **** **** **** LOL.  I can get Australian cricket via a New Zealand station now - go figure.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I have not had any problem listening to favourite stations on other media including Cocktail x10 or Roberts I stream 93i. Just hope Sent get if back together sooner than later as last few months pretty tiresome to out it mildly! 

Sent from Samsung Mobile
FranekK
Explorer

"I did say in my earlier post that if you have saved some stations in your favourites and they no longer work it might be that they've been withdrawn from service for good." I know very well that favourites is not a perfect way for checking anything therefore I did this also using vTuner on my device and all those stations except one I used to listen to are missing there too... Of course not a problem to find _all of them_ on vTuner.com website. All of them are streamed using mp3 (with higher but also smaller bit rate), disappeared from day to day so it doesn't look as any sudden conversion to the unsupported format, rather as a next chapter in the conflict between vTuner and Sony. Just pity that me, Sony customer suffers... but as I paid already.. who is going to care...
FranekK
Explorer

"I'm guessing that we can only receive the INTERNET ONLY stations on our Sony products." - I can't confirm this. The only station I can listen to from those I used to listen to has a normal country location, not 'Internet only'.
richardc79

Problem is that from the 7 stations which were available for jazz only 2 are left.

I didn't used the presets already because they were often broke.

So within the menu i chose vTuner --> country selecor --> <a country> -->Genre --> Jazz

Instead of 7 stations i used to had i only have 2 left. (the worst ones ofcourse...)

If i browse the other catagories it is also very limited.

All the stations are regular stations which are also available on the vTuner website.

A friend of mine which owns a Denon devices has also the vTuner option and he has all the stations. (what a suprise...not...)

And ofcourse i already used the refresh option multiple times, but it makes no difference at all.

For me my 700ni is pretty useless now. I already got in contact with sony support because i still want a solution from them, but as we already know form the last time vTuner was stuck the support of sony is near to zero. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

That would seem logical, but I was able to get the BBC local stations earlier.

This one BBC Radio Gloucestershire 104.7 FM for example.

But I wasn't really interested in the local Gloucestershire "scene" :o))

Hi there,

So it would seem some reshuffling has taken place in the station listings just to confuse people even more!

I just looked at this catergory: United Kingdom - All Stations and have the following BBC Stations listed:

BBC R5 Live Sport Extra

BBC Radio 4

BBC Radio Cornwall 103.9 FM 103.9 FM

BBC Radio Gloucestershire 104.7 FM 104.7 FM

BBC Radio Guernsey 93.2 FM 93.2 FM

BBC Radio Nan Gaidheal

BBC Radio Northampton

BBC Radio Scotland

BBC Radio Tees

However, if I look at this catergory United KIngdom - BBC - I only have 4 Stations listed as follows:

BBC Radio 4

BBC R5 Live Sport Extra

BBC Radio Cornwall 103.9 FM 103.9 FM

BBC Radio Guernsey 93.2 FM 93.2 FM

This seems to suggest as mentioned earlier that some of our favourites may have moved to a new list or perhaps have been deleted entirely.

Perhaps if you're adding replies yourself it would prove useful if you could also tell us your location. I suspect that some of you commenting here live in different countries and therefore the lists of stations may differ on your devices.

I can confirm that I receive some stations on my Blur-ray player which I don't receive on my home theater receiver and vice versa. As mentioned earlier it seems the station listings differ depending on what device you own.