Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
audrey84

Allready try if "radio swiss jazz" work on your Sony device.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sorry my fault, I meant to ask where you're located! Yes it could well be region related. Early this morning when I first discovered vTuner was back online on my Blu-ray player I still only had limited service on my receiver. However, over the course of an hour or so those stations started to work again on my receiver as well.

My receiver has always worked throughout the vTuner outage albeit with limited stations and around 95% didn't work. Now it is the opposite and around 99% work.

To refresh/rescan the station list press your SEN button, in the very first screen that opens press OPTIONS, you can then refresh/rescan the list from there.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 

As I keep saying!!!

Stations that are in your preset/favourites list may no longer work. You have proved this as they are no longer listed on your device. Therefore those stations have been removed completely.

I'm not familiar with Q2 Radio is that a Sony device or vTuner station?

audrey84

I have try "refresh"... nothing more.

Q2 radio :

http://www.q2radio.co.uk/

Fortunately its not a Sony device !

"...Therefore those stations have been removed completely...."

So my 2 x MX750NI are now unusable 😞

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 

Thanks but this forum topic is about Sony products only.

Q2 radio has nothing to do with this issue, it is Sony related only. Yes other devices/manufacturers products may still work but we don't want to know about those.

@audrey84Wrote: "...Therefore those stations have been removed completely...."

So my 2 x MX750NI are now unusable :slight_frown:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you only have 20 stations? What about all the rest? Your product is not unusable just because 20 presets no longer work. Have you looked at the other Swiss Jazz stations? You can see the FULL vTuner listings here:

vTuner Internet Radio

Pistabacsi

Ta much for the refresh tip.

Just ran it & still no 6 music as of yet.

Will carry on trying periodically in case it is a regional delay thing

audrey84

@MK_Slinky 

This demonstrates absolutely, if necessary, it's a Sony problem !

Other devices using VTuner continue to work.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 wrote:

@MK_Slinky 

This demonstrates absolutely, if necessary, it's a Sony problem !

Other devices using VTuner continue to work.

Sorry you seem to be misunderstanding this issue. Yes this problem is unique to Sony Devices, it always has been! As I say other devices are of no relevance.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

Ta much for the refresh tip.

Just ran it & still no 6 music as of yet.

Will carry on trying periodically in case it is a regional delay thing

Hopefully so, please let us know if it does come back for you. Unfortunately I cannot at present confirm or deny if it is available on my own device, I will check later this evening.

Fingers crossed. :wink:

P.S. I just did a search on the vTuner website for BBC 6 and it shows no results!! Weird Also tried a different combination BBC6 still no results.

audrey84

@MK_Slinky 

90% of the time, I listen :

= Radio Swiss Jazz (no advertising and a few words)

For the rest, I listen :

= 181 fm Classical Guitar (nice but very bad advertising)

So, for now, I connect my Q2 on the Sony, also, I can do it on my old HIFI devices, no need MX750NI 😞 😞