Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455

My first post on audio forum

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/308-community-articles/1787034-do-not-trust-sony-anymore.html#post2952...

Hi all
A year ago I purchased a SONY STR-DN840 and I've been very happy listening directly Internet radio with that amp. In September the service provided exclusively by vTuner was suddenly stopped. There was a big uproar on the Sony community forum
community.sony.co.uk/t5/hi-fi-systems/vtuner-not-working/td-p/1755913

After more than a month the service was back but not for long. It almost stopped again but a bit more subtle than the first time. They still provide some commercial radio with lot of talk and publicity ! Like that you cannot bring back the device under warranty because there is no technical problem as such.

There is a new threat on the forum :
community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/vtuner-offline-on-some-devices-nov-2014/td-p/1842452/highlight/false

We'll see if SONY correct for good the problem or really doesn't give a damn to his customers. Meanwhile you should not buy anything from those sharks and shop elsewhere...:mad:

richardc79

And the fingerpointing is starting again! :slight_frown:

I emailed Sony support Netherlands yesterday and this is there official reply (i translated it with google translate, so i apologize for any strange translations :smileywink:):

Thank you for your e-mail to Sony Support .

I understand that you are having problems with vTuner .

Since last week vTuner has adapted the station range . Therefore it is possible that some stations are no longer available .

It may be that vTuner later add channels, however, we can say nothing about it they manage it themselves.

You can contact vTuner for more information.

info@vtuner.com

We hope to have informed you sufficiently .

Sincerely,

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT : http://www.sony.nl/support/nl
Sony Benelux , a branch of Sony Europe Limited
Schipholweg 275 - 1171 PK Badhoevedorp - The Netherlands

Problem is: It is only limited on Sony devices.... What a joke!

This is by far the worst customer support i have ever seen.

So a new episode of the Sony vTuner soap has started..

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

With regard to the link to info@vtuner.com, don't bother! I've written to them on numerous occasions and they never respond. vTuner seem to have a policy of non-communication about this issue.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
audrey84

We're wasting time; I think vtuner is not our problem, we bought Sony products (2 for me) with internet radio and Sony must continue to provide this service (internet radio) to use their products (with or without VTuner) or they must refund our money.

(I am French, sorry my English is bad)

profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

Very limited vTuner stations available for me too. I am now going to explore the 'not fit for purpose' avenue as I bought my STR-DN1040 specifically for the internet radio feature.

Since Sony now use a different internet radio service on their newer 1050 model, why can't they just provide a software update to us 1040 owners and move us over to that? Sony support really sucks!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 wrote:

We're wasting time; I think vtuner is not our problem, we bought Sony products (2 for me) with internet radio and Sony must continue to provide this service (internet radio) to use their products (with or without VTuner) or they must refund our money.

(I am French, sorry my English is bad)

Of course vTuner is the problem, they've suspended the service NOT Sony!

If your electricity supply was cut and all your lights went out you wouldn't blame your light bulb manufacturer, you'd blame the electricity supplier, it's not rocket science.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Vtuner suspended services because Sony has not complied with their
contractual obligations to vTuner (according to vTuner) therefore Sony
created problem and are ultimately responsible!
Pistabacsi

@MK_Slinky 

Well, not really.

If you hadn't paid the bill & the leccy company cut you off, who would be to blame then?

If you look at the previous outage it was around the time sony announced their enormous loss & rather lends itself to sony holding back payments to their suppliers. No idea what their payment terms are but I would hazard a guess at 90 days, but ceratinly no less than 60.

Having dealt with sony europe in the past, they are notorious for pushing for price reductions from their suppliers who all see sony as a cash cow because they are a global name & are likely to sell shed loads of units & eventually the supplier will cave in just to get the business.

Not saying that's the case here, but previous posts have hinted at that possibility.

I think vtuner are just turning the screw to make a point to sony, but it's only as a reaction to being treated unfairly & yes, if sony really can't work with vtuner, then they must offer an alternative on their devices, cordially terminate their arrangement with vtuner & roll out whatever service updates required to their customers who (& let's face it) have paid for the feature now being denied to them.

I am trying to tweet the issue but there isn't much response other than other unhappy punters (#vtuner) but I'm sure if everyone who is posting here chip in, someone might sit up & take note, as it's pretty public.

For reference, my 1040 has limited station service

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw wrote:
Vtuner suspended services because Sony has not complied with their
contractual obligations to vTuner (according to vTuner) therefore Sony
created problem and are ultimately responsible!

Can you point us all to the source of that statement? We are aware of earlier comments in this post but you have to take them on face value, you shouldn't believe everything that you read.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

@MK_Slinky 

Well, not really.

If you hadn't paid the bill & the leccy company cut you off, who would be to blame then?

I certainly wouldn't blame the electricity company nor the lightbulb manufacturer. Non payment of bills are your own problem.