Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

@ unzeitig -- Thanks for the great write up. The link works for me (tested with ZenMate extension on Chrome browser set to US, and without extension and original location in France). I may actually start looking into such solution. Still a bit afraid of the tech though -- I have bookmarked your site and would contact you when I run into problems. Thanks again!

foldvari
Explorer

Sounds great! Is HDD really needed? If I do not want to store music there, would a memory card only setup work?

Pistabacsi

How off topic is this going to go?

This thread's about vTuner isn't it?

Not some cobbled together alternative sony can't even fathom

drdeej
Explorer

Agreed! We need to get vTuner sorted not some workaround.

Sent via my Sony Xperia™ Tablet Z running Android 4.4.4
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Is it not the Ethos of this community to help one another?

If someone has discovered a workaround and is kind enough to share there work with others then should that not be encouraged!
unzeitig
Explorer

@foldvari

Probably yes, but I did not try it till now. It is question of configuration of media server and user rights. Somebody can test it. Needs additional time.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Nobody-in-particular Well said!

Workarounds are always a better option than nothing at all, although this is understandably frustrating for

some members.

Please be assured that once again Sony are aware and are investigating.

I can't guarantee a particular end result but please believe me they really are trying. :slight_smile:

unzeitig
Explorer

@foldvari

If you do not want  use HDD, it is enough to store playlist of internet streams on system memory card. I have tried it today. In this case you need only Raspberry Pi toy with power supply and ethernet cable. If you need some help, please write me directly to my email or create a new thread - somebody can have problem on this thread. Sorry for disturbing.

Hi all,

I gave up with VTuner on my Sony STR-DN840. It's a rip off, that's all there's to say.

I also decided to BOYCOTT ALL SONY PRODUCTS for a long time and I let all my friend know about it.

My way around is a Chromebook connected via HDMI to the tuner. Why that choice ?

- It's not really expensive in comparison to a std computer (Win or Mac) or a even a dedicated streamer (Roku).

- It's easy to control because there's a keyboard and a screen

- It gives access to ALL Internet radio providers and all other AV content on Internet (Youtube, Netflix, etc...)

- You can use local content via a SD card.

- You can start a program, close the screen and forget about the device

- Last but not least, it's also a perfect backup of my Windows laptop 

Next time I purchase a AV control center, I'll be way more carefull about the software and forget proprietary stuff like the Sony Entertainment Network and all that sh..

This is my last post on this forum. 

Bye and keep enjoying good music despite Sony !

stan2014

Hi

Can i ask two Questions please -

1) Do we know the real reason behind the VTuner issues ( I have tried looking back at previous posts) I would just like a recap please.

2) Is this affecting other manufactureres who are using VTuner.

The reason behind these questions is because i have spoken to sony Customer service earlier.