Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
stan2014

Hi

Sorry, another question-

Do my retailer have to get the ok from Sony before i can get a refund ?

I have owned my Sony CMT-G2BNIP since June 2014 and have been slowly getting annoyed, this last Vtuner outage is the last straw.

I got this unit because of the internet radio, I like the 60's music and found plenty of choice on the internet.

Anyway, i contacted my retailer for a refund on two reasons

1)Item not as described (no internet radio function)

2) Not fit for purpose (I want to listen to internet radio)

My retailer then gave my details to Sony who have contacted me and refuses a refund, saying the unit still plays other stations.

I argued that  I payed extra for a unit with internet radio and I am not getting what I payed for.

He then said the issue is a network problem at Vtuners end and is out of Sony's hands and he also said this affects not just Sony but other manufacturers.

I did ask him if he reads these forums because the forum is saying it's a Sony contract issue, he denied this.

wimvandewater

Dear Stan,

As I mentioned here in earlier posts: Sony is the only one having problems with vTuner. I am using no longer a  Sony device and I will never again use or buy a Sony device. Instead I have bought a Marantz device with the possibility of receiving internetstations. Marantz is also using vTuner without any problems. A friend of mine has a Onkyo device wich also uses vTuner, again with no trouble at all. So the problems with vTuner on Sony devices lies clearly with Sony and not with vTuner!

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

Thanks for the tip with Onkyo. They offer 2 types in their Hi-Fi Mini System range, some use TuneIn (CR-N765, CS-N765) and one uses vTuner (CS-N755) ... according to the info with the gray logos on their site. 

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Here we are in MAY 2015.  I had vTUner services from Christmas 2014 to last week 20 May.  It had been missing from sept to Dec.

Here we are YET AGAIN with NO vtuner for SOME models - mine being amongst them.  I am receiving my vTUner through my shiny new humongously screened state of the art SAMSUNG TV.  I have a app!

How the hell can Sony, as a reputable company keep allowing this to happen. 

My advice to Sony,

"JUST PAY THE BLOODY BILL MATE!"

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Totally agree. I have made this point one way or another since the withdrawal of SEN services from day one! Not long ago after experiencing the withdrawal of music unlimited services I voiced that VTuner would probably be next! Here we are a few months down the line and, guess what, immediate not available message when selected. I have  read somewhere that it looks like there may be an alternative music offering from Sony on some devices. I am waiting in hope to get an update one day to that effect but as for Sony giving anyone any hope, not holding my breath?

cessnock
Explorer

vTuner has not worked in Australia for at least a fortnight AGAIN. Got in touch with support (eMail) and got all the promises again how they are 'sorry and we are looking into it blah blah blah'. Also told them my thoughts about the CEO, executives and management of Sony and the the reputation around the world of Sony. I posted a review on another  website about my audio equipment and how Sony has treated everyone (and it was not pretty) and has had  over 200 people that have viewed it with people saying it was very helpful. My suggestion to anyone is NEVER BUY SONY. Not surprising Sony is losing billions of dollars. Suggested that Sony put out firmware upgrades or modifications so we can use other portels  for internet radio but with the reputation of Sony I assume no other company would associate themselves with Sony

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Still no joy here. Have emailed voucher with no response. Sony are a waste
of time money and effort. Would not touch them again with a barge pole
drdeej
Explorer

Just bought a new 3D TV for my living room. Guess what? Its not a Sony.
Sick of the way they treat us consumers with such contempt.

Sent via my Sony Xperia™ Tablet Z running Android 5.0.1
profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Just bought 5 inch samsung - talks to everthing AND I have the app for
vTuner!

Just had a reply from Sony stating vTuner is no live

In regards to your ongoing issue, please note unfortunately the service will no longer be supported on your device.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

and then this...

In an attempt to clarify this matter, please note that you will need to check with vTuner support as they are responsible for service termination.

So is it Sony's or vTuners fault?

Still no solution. Is there anyway you can access internet radio via a CMT MX 750?