Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

It would be nice if Sony took the trouble to give us a truthful statement!
audrey84

yes, but the problem is too Reccurent, we can dream, but I no longer believe 😞

Meanwhile, I absolutely never had the slightest problem with my (2) Q2 Radio

Now, unfortunately, I know that Sony was a very bad choice for me and, in this context, never, never, I'll buy one of their product, whatever it is, and I'll explain why to all my friends, social networks, forums...

We loose to much time here, Sony is not interested by "our" (their) problems, so they must refund our money and we can buy serious items and turn the "Sony page".

profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

Well it seems the UK arm of Sony support have different ideas as to what the problem is...if only they could agree with each other. Here's the response I received today.

Thank you for contacting Sony.

We are sorry to read that your STR-DN1040 has stopped streaming other music services plus vTuner.

In response to your query, we have not received information regarding the services you have mentioned as to have faced maintenance or that they have ceased.

Could you please try the following and reply to me with the outcome:

1- Disconnect the mains and all the cables from the back for a couple of minutes and reconnect them back.

2- Reset the device and try again:

1 Press POWER to turn off the receiver.

2 While holding down MUSIC, press POWER. “S.F. CLEAR” appears on the display panel and all sound fields are reset to their default setting

3- If the issue persists, your Receiver may need a firmware update, please download and install the update from the link below:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-strdn1040-firmware-update-v1092/STR-...

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

wilsonmfw

A standard response to any problem! They just will not commit to the truth of the matter. I tried that first time and all it did was reset everything as new but made no difference to the loss of stations on vTuner. Shameful response. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile
profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

I have also contacted Richer Sounds where I bought my equipment from and am awaiting their response.

wilsonmfw

The problem is that the supplier is probably not going to be able to help
as issue is not due to your device having failed. vTuner is a free service
provided through Sony and will not constitute a failure under the terms of
your warranty due to equipment failure.
Pistabacsi

The retailers won't know.

Have you even tried googling the problem?

I had to use the saved link to the last time it happened to find this thread.

wilsonmfw

The problem apparently is that Sony not complying with contract they have with Vtuner according to vTuner article!

Sent from Samsung Mobile
Pistabacsi

The problem apparently is that Sony not complying with contract they have with Vtuner according to vTuner article!

This. Very much this. Fact is products nowadays are not just hardaware, but software too.

sony has made us all victims of their idiocy & tight fistedness.

Do we just go along with that & accept it?

I think not.

Tech blogs, social media, news sites anything that'll lay this out in the open.

Didn't they just have a similar case with that silly mini playstation toy?

profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

'The problem is that the supplier is probably not going to be able to help
as issue is not due to your device having failed. vTuner is a free service
provided through Sony and will not constitute a failure under the terms of
your warranty due to equipment failure.'

I disagree. It was a feature of the product, never stated as being a temporary feature available only as long as Sony wanted to offer it.