Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

'The problem apparently is that Sony not complying with contract they have with Vtuner according to vTuner article!'

Can you provide a link to this article please?

Pistabacsi

But the thing is I don't really care if sony want to dump vtuner as a partner.

I would just expect that they make sure their customers were catered for should that happen.

They seem to be in bed with pandora now, so why are we all taking it on the chin?

Should we buy a new model every year?

audrey84

"I disagree. It was a feature of the product, never stated as being a temporary feature available only as long as Sony wanted to offer it. "

You are absolutely right !!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Eventually found link to cTuner article.

posted in Home Cinema, Projectors & Players on 30-11-14 12:01PM

title. VTuner Offline on Some Devices (Nov 2014) (sony Subscription Update)

sent by Sony Mailer Community.

sorry took so long, busy!

wilsonmfw

It was a feature, not a component!
profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

'It was a feature, not a component!'

Completely irrelevent. The functionality of the unit has been changed for the worse. Therefore it no longer performs the same as when purchased.

profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

'Eventually found link to cTuner article.'

Great. Could you post it please :slight_smile:

wilsonmfw

Good luck. Would suggest you read warranty information first though!
profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

'Good luck. Would suggest you read warranty information first though!'

I'm delighted to say that my retailer has kindly agreed to accept the unit back for credit against an alternative product. No luck required - just application of common sense. You should try it!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Heads Up Folks!!

vTuner is back on-line again on my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray Player as of 03:00 this morning!!!!

I still have limited service on my STR-DN1040 but it does indeed look like things might be changing for the better finally. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please leave your model numbers below if service has resumed again on your device, it would be interesting to know which devices are still affected. Thanks!

Now stop moaning you lot, all we needed was a little faith. :slight_smile: It's a good job one of us stays awake at night to bring you this news!

P.S. Now I have two reasons to celebrate, my post here has finally received 1000 views, yippee! :drink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14