Join now - be part of our community!

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

SOLVED
Sparks1
Visitor

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

Hi Sony,

Today I had updated my Xperia P with ICS that rolled out now. I am really enjoying with this ICS release and it looks cool and saying thanks for this.

But here is some of the issue on this release and I am worried why this wasn't tested before release the update Slightly_frowning_Face

1. No sounds for notification alerts and just LED indication only. I am sure that I have set Xperia default ringtone as notification alert

2. Seems death grip issue re-appear witht his release

3. Changing desktop screen time taking slow even with 412MB free memory and also time is not updating while I am another desktop and it should changed when I back to the desktop where the time widget it located.

Would there is any solution for this or we need to wait for next update for this issue? However first two issue are more important.

I will post in this thread if anything I found further.

35 REPLIES 35
Sparks1
Visitor

Hi Johan,

You are 100% correct. Now the battery usage reduced to 6% by Andrios OS and Andriod System as well Slightly_smiling_Face . I am really bit strange why my phone only gets long time to settle it lol

But still there is issue:

Now Display using the 70% of battery of total earlier it was very low since Andrios OS utilizing more battery. Even I have disabled the Bravia Engine and always the brightness of the Xperia P is 0%. Really don't know what's going on Slightly_frowning_Face

Can you suggest something with this?

gauravchandok20
Visitor

i am also facing the same prob of no sound for notifications
how did it started wrking right on yours

i trioed to change the tone but even then its not working

Sparks1
Visitor

Seems it was worked until yesterday. But its not working again without any changes and I have tried to change the notification which doesn't help this time Slightly_frowning_Face

Sony you should check about this issue and this makes us frustrating Slightly_frowning_Face

Raja22223
Contributor

Try to repair the Software, Here for me every thing is fine

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

danzy
Visitor

hi people i have an issue dont knw y but mine xp worked best in gingerbread version , then it had no battery isuue or ne issues now wen i have updated it to ics i found a problem with battery , I CHARGED MY DEVICE WITH USB AFTER 60% IT DIRECTLY SET TO 100% CHARGE AND IT STARTED DRAINING LIKE A COUNTDOWN TILL 1% AFTER 1% I PLAYED NFS AND MADE 1 CALL BUT THE DEVICE DIDNT DISCHARGE OR TURNED OFF AS IN GINGERBREAD IT WILL SHUTDOWN @ 2% CHARGING ................. DONNO HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM I AM A FIRST TYM USER ............ TENSED SONY SUGGEST ME PLZZZZZZZZ

ryan515
Contributor

as Johan said earlier,

ICS takes time to settle and optimize battery usage, give it some time first. if no improvements. then repair it with SUS.

Sparks1
Visitor

Don't know how long does it to take settle the ICS after update. I had updated when the ICS was rolled out for Xperia P and still having battery issues.

Even the same issue when the battery doesn't utilized by screen/OS Slightly_frowning_Face

When the mobile screen is locked then battery doesn't consume more but when I use 3g/2g/wi-fi then battery getting drain very quickly and it doesn't last for atleast one day Slightly_frowning_Face

I will try repiar in few days after backup the data and let you guys know.

adishenoy
Visitor

Go to Settings> Power Management and tick extended battery mode and see if it helps the battery life.

When I use WiFi the battery goes down as if its in countdown mode, 1% down in about 3-4 mins. I know its a smartphone with all sync enabled so I'm not bothered much. Dizzy_Face

Sparks1
Visitor

I just repiared my Xperia  P and notification sounds are working charm now Slightly_smiling_Face But its bit hard to reinstall all the Apps again.

But still I have some bad think,

Why the Video files too showing in Albums instead of images only? The Video files showing in both Albums and Films Slightly_frowning_Face

onlinegaming182
Visitor

somebody experiencing flickering issue of web browser in ICS?? I've noticed that my screen flickers in stock browser if the background is white. I didn't noticed this in GB.