Join now - be part of our community!

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

SOLVED
Sparks1
Visitor

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

Hi Sony,

Today I had updated my Xperia P with ICS that rolled out now. I am really enjoying with this ICS release and it looks cool and saying thanks for this.

But here is some of the issue on this release and I am worried why this wasn't tested before release the update Slightly_frowning_Face

1. No sounds for notification alerts and just LED indication only. I am sure that I have set Xperia default ringtone as notification alert

2. Seems death grip issue re-appear witht his release

3. Changing desktop screen time taking slow even with 412MB free memory and also time is not updating while I am another desktop and it should changed when I back to the desktop where the time widget it located.

Would there is any solution for this or we need to wait for next update for this issue? However first two issue are more important.

I will post in this thread if anything I found further.

35 REPLIES 35
myxperiap
Visitor

oh nice to hear that you have no problem with xperia P battery while using wifi. i haven't used wifi yet but i am facing big problem while using 3G. it drains so fast. today i used 3G for 15 mins battey drained to 89% from 99%. is it good o bad?

Sparks1
Visitor

Its definitly bad and this issue exists for all the Xperia P users. You can change network type to GSM whenever you don't need to access 3g that would save your battery

fklim
Visitor

Dear All

Am not sure if this is the latest ics ver fraud ,  as i immediately updated my phone to the latest ver once i got my XP. My question : will the led blue led blinking , when the screen is locked , and we got sms / missed call. I found out that i need to press the on/of button at the side or unlock the screen, in order to see the led blue light blinking. What is the point here if i need to do this , as by that time , i am already able to see the notification when the screen is lighed up.

Thanks

JaBlu
Visitor

I don't know what you guys are complaining about!?

Sony does everything to make customers happy. They even made a "24K GOLD Xperia P"! No one needs stable software when you can get a smartphone made of pure gold...

ryan515
Contributor

Yeah, I could sell that 24k gold and buy a better phone.

danzy
Visitor

yes that flickering is observed not in browser but in vedio recording for me