Join now - be part of our community!

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

SOLVED
Sparks1
Visitor

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

Hi Sony,

Today I had updated my Xperia P with ICS that rolled out now. I am really enjoying with this ICS release and it looks cool and saying thanks for this.

But here is some of the issue on this release and I am worried why this wasn't tested before release the update Slightly_frowning_Face

1. No sounds for notification alerts and just LED indication only. I am sure that I have set Xperia default ringtone as notification alert

2. Seems death grip issue re-appear witht his release

3. Changing desktop screen time taking slow even with 412MB free memory and also time is not updating while I am another desktop and it should changed when I back to the desktop where the time widget it located.

Would there is any solution for this or we need to wait for next update for this issue? However first two issue are more important.

I will post in this thread if anything I found further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

I suggest that you wait for a while. Too see if it gets any better over time, because Android takes some time to settle and optimize battery usage.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Sparks1
Visitor

Hi Sony,

Another issue is Battery Drain quickly compare with Gingerbeard Slightly_frowning_Face

Sony, you must need to attention with this and provide an update with solution please.

ryan515
Contributor

Hello,

i read some user having great battery back up,

i suggest you back up your phone

the, factory setting>erase all

then, repair your phone using SUS.

(for me SUS is much better)

premvarma
Visitor

Hi sparks,

We already have a thread running dedicated for bug reporting. Please report there.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/48671?tstart=0

Regarding battery backup, I cannot agree with you.. my battery backup has increased far better after ICS update even after being on wifi most often

Sparks1
Visitor

Hi,

Have you optimized anything after upgraded to ICS? Since after upgraded I am feeling that my battery backup is not good with 3G haven't tried Wi-Fi.

Good news, notification is started working by changing to another tone to default one Slightly_smiling_Face lol

But still Changing desktop screen time taking slow even with 412MB free memory and also time is not updating properly while I am on another desktop windows and it should get changed when I back to the desktop where the time widget it located.

Sparks1
Visitor

Definitely there should battery drain issue with ICS update. Here is my result,

I charged the battery to 100% at 7PM IST and used 15mins of internet usage via 3G and other than that I haven't touched my phone too.

So I checked it again on next day morning 6AM and I am seeing the battery percentage is 83% only and after again I used 15mins of 3G internet. Then checked it again after 2hours then it dropped to 71% without any other usage even the 3g has turned off after the 13mins of usage.

When I checked the battery usage per process I am seeing 58% battery is using by Andiod OS which is really strange.

What you guys think?

Johan
Master

I suggest that you wait for a while. Too see if it gets any better over time, because Android takes some time to settle and optimize battery usage.

Sparks1
Visitor

Hi Johan,

Shall I try repiar the phone using PC companion to see if that help? Or do you want me to wait for few days?

Raja22223
Contributor

Hi, Sparks For Few days and Observe, If no changes observed then Prefer to Update the Software.

Sparks1
Visitor

Hi Johan,

Still no improvement and I am seeing Andriod OS is utlizing 57% percentage of battery Slightly_frowning_Face

Would this fix if I repiar through PC camanion?