Join now - be part of our community!

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

SOLVED
Sparks1
Visitor

Problems in ICS on Xperia P

Hi Sony,

Today I had updated my Xperia P with ICS that rolled out now. I am really enjoying with this ICS release and it looks cool and saying thanks for this.

But here is some of the issue on this release and I am worried why this wasn't tested before release the update Slightly_frowning_Face

1. No sounds for notification alerts and just LED indication only. I am sure that I have set Xperia default ringtone as notification alert

2. Seems death grip issue re-appear witht his release

3. Changing desktop screen time taking slow even with 412MB free memory and also time is not updating while I am another desktop and it should changed when I back to the desktop where the time widget it located.

Would there is any solution for this or we need to wait for next update for this issue? However first two issue are more important.

I will post in this thread if anything I found further.

35 REPLIES 35
ryan515
Contributor

hello you can go to album,

then click the button found at the upper right corner of your screen the one with the arrow down,

then click all pictures.

punitashra
Visitor

Hi,

How did you repair it. Can you help me on it. My phone's notification sound stops working.

Thanks

Sparks1
Visitor

Hi Sony,

We are really very frustrating now Slightly_frowning_Face

After repair Xperia P the notification sounds were started working fine and it does for while again its not working Slightly_frowning_Face

There should be something wrong with ICS.

Please check it immediately.

varunraul
Visitor

After repairing my phone with Pc Companion now my Android OS is taking around 80% battery which was hardly 15% before repair.I am waiting from 3 days & there is no change so for.Even i am regreting updating to ICS.I hope Sony will resolve these issues with better Firmware update.

nabendu
Visitor

repair using sony update service  !! the link to it is given below

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

mark helful/correct if u find useful

Sparks1
Visitor

Is there any apps that will solve the notification sound issue for now until sony resolve it?

ryan515
Contributor

you can rollback to GB if you want.

Sparks1
Visitor

How to roll back to GB on Xperia P?

Raja22223
Contributor

Visit the Near by Sony service cente, They will do the Job for u(Officially)

Or else there are some Manual meathods.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41609

johnnylimsk
Visitor

I send my Xperia P to the service centre.  The service staff highlighted the following remark on the acknowledgement form and asked me to sign.

"Serviceing will take 7-14 or more working days (Exclude Weekends and Public holiday), depending on the fault and availability of parts."

This will translate to 3 weeks or longer and it was my first time to sign and aknowledge poor service from a vendor.  The service staff said they will escalate my case by stampping "Urgent" on the form.  I wonder if they will stamp "Urgent" on every forms just to please customer.  I was also given a non-Android loan phone during the repair and I can't download any contacts from google.  Why can't sony lent customer an Android phone?