Sola is so lagging after ICS update

SOLVED
Steven11
Visitor

Sola is so lagging after ICS update

After updated to ICS for few days,

• my Sola is slowing down,
  • battery drain faster after day 1,
  • phone is lagging  badly when got call in, swipe the slider to pick up the phone have to wait few second to see the screen then the voice, sometime lagged even badly until can't pick up the calls......

now i'm regret to update to ICS... sigh... i hope Sony quickly do something to finetune the system.

36 REPLIES 36
his1nightmare
Visitor

yes we did and its no good.Its becasue the Firmware is unstable and may be the GPU  or CPU is underclosked.They need to fix it.I even played it with one day without even signing to my gmail in plastore autosync off and no apps install,Still the same Problem

his1nightmare
Visitor

means??did ur emove your sola,formatted your phone.Then Formated your SD Card and then inserted it..Did it stop tghe Lagginess in phone app and overall?

Steven11
Visitor

Hard reset means Reset to Factory setting right? means go back Gingerbread isn't it?

I will give it another try, if still lagging, i rather use Gingerbread until everyone is happy about the ICS...

Now i can't even pick up a call properly... the phone HANG when call coming in! :smileyangry::smileyangry::smileyangry::smileyangry::smileyangry:

devasola
Visitor

ICS rolled out for SOLA by SONY???

Steven11
Visitor

Yes, it's official, i upgraded via PC Comapion...... and now i'm regret...

X130
Visitor

yes do these formats separately and no out does not back to gingerbread!you will still have the Sandwich! :-DI hope I helped!

X130
Visitor

yes and the phone runs like new but with new firmware! I really like it and the caller app opens faster now

Steven11
Visitor

Confirmed! There is 2 method to solve the lagging problems i mentioned:

1. Factory Reset, which is what i used, make sure you back up everything first before you do the reset, after reset is still running ICS, but is very smooth this time. No more lagging problems and no hang when pick up call Slightly_smiling_Face
  2. This is suggest by some other user, which i'm not tested before, so try with your own risk. For those do not wish to lose game save/ app data, can try go to settings > backup & reset > settings reset. Same as above, do a backup first before you try.

Hope it helps and i will continue monitoring my phone's status, if found anything unusual, will let's everybody know again.

Cheers!

ivatikiotis
Visitor

I normally own an GSII but i have the Sola for my wife. After the update the phone was lagging like crazy and i was ready to follow your suggestions BUT i remembered from some other forum that after upgrade the it would be wise to delete the contents of the external sd card. So i did and the phone seems to go very fast and reliable. So you might also try that step before deleting and reseting everything. Hope I helped.

deepurpal
Visitor

Hey buddy thank u very much for sharing this info. This seems to be the most logical resolution to me so far.  Thanx again 🙂