Sola is so lagging after ICS update

SOLVED
Steven11
Visitor

Sola is so lagging after ICS update

After updated to ICS for few days,

• my Sola is slowing down,
  • battery drain faster after day 1,
  • phone is lagging  badly when got call in, swipe the slider to pick up the phone have to wait few second to see the screen then the voice, sometime lagged even badly until can't pick up the calls......

now i'm regret to update to ICS... sigh... i hope Sony quickly do something to finetune the system.

36 REPLIES 36
ivatikiotis
Visitor

Glad I could help. It was driving me crazy.....because it is a strong dual core phone and was acting like a total failure. It is going really great now as it should. Dont get me wrong the total reset would also do the job but first try what i said before which might save you a lot of time and work.

deepurpal
Visitor

I will still prefer deleting data from SD card n master reset the phone too. To b honest am still quite skeptic abt upgrading to ICS, I'll rather wait for jellybean or continue to use Gingerbread as I faced a great deal of frustration couple of months back after after upgrading my Live with walkman to ICS.  Lets see what Sony does to get it resolve officially.

Mahesh_notani
Visitor

Has the software repair helped anyone..or the SUS(Sony update service)...plz reply...i am facing problems after the ics update....its lagging...contacts nd dialer dont open before 6 secs...

yojstamaria
Visitor

everything lags on mine, factory reset did not do the trick,

some bugs I noticed:

-Phone signal wont recover on lost signal. you have to switch network mode and back again to reenable.

-live wallpaper cosmic flow wont move if you change theme, you need to reenable cosmic flow

-buggy touch screen on temple run, not noticeable on GB .184, even if you turn of glove mode.

-wifi wont connect immediately from idle even if you disable extended standby mode. you have to turn off / on wifi.

- loading contacts is very slow.

- chrome browser is super slow specially if you change orientations.

- I was texting when someone called, my phone hangs up.

kartik77
Visitor

Try rooting on ICS, if you have not yet rooted.http://androidflock.blogspot.in/2012/10/root-sony-xperia-sola-on-ics.html

nilbags_googlem
Visitor

folks .. Is the ICS update for SOLA available all over India ? as I have not received any notification, nor could I find any available update when I checked from my phone

Anyway, thanks to you guys for providing a solution to the apparent problems with this update. I can see another bug-fix coming soon from Sony

112bz
Visitor

backup contact, backup apps and reset phone to factory setting. it works! Winking_Face

eir3apps_gmail_
Visitor

Not for me, unfortunately.

What is the "official", i.e. Sony supported way to downgrade to Gingerbread?

My Sola performed AWESOME before the "upgrade" to ICS, and now it is just lagging in every aspect. Factory reset did not help at all. I didn't erase the SD card, not sure if that changes anything... ?

Sony should make the downgrade process official, and easier. I don't require that all my apps and settings are kept, I will install everyghing anew, I just want my old system back.

ICS brings bugs with the Sony accessories - for example the text to speech on the Smart Wireless Headset Pro is not output on the headset, but on the phone... Slightly_frowning_Face

kavya8484
Visitor

This is so true.. I sent a mail to Sony ppl regarding this. And the reply they gave was...

Dear kavya,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

We understand that you are facing issue with your Sony Xperia Sola handset.

We value the importance of your issue and we are here to assist you in the best possible manner.

In response to your issue we would like to inform you that you can downgrade your handset software by visiting Service Center. Our technician will assist you in a best way.

We recommend you take along the proof of purchase while visiting the Sony Mobile Service Centre. Your handset would be repaired under warranty if it meets all the warranty guidelines.

For location of the Sony Mobile Service Centre which is nearest to you, kindly access the following web link:

http://somc.servicetrack.in/

Before submitting your handset at service center kindly take the Backup of data from your handset in order to avoid any data loss.

For further information on Sony Xperia products, services and support please visitwww.sonymobile.com

For any further assistance please feel free to call our customer support on 39011111 or 1800 3000 2800(Toll free)

Kind Regards,

NAVED GOUR
Sony Xperia Support Centre India

You can now follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube using the following links:

This was the latest messgae that they sent me when I told them that the factory reset was not working... So this is it... I am not comfortable in using the flash.... So I guess I will just give it to the service center....

AleFQ
Visitor

I did a full reinstall like this: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/304670#304670

A few days ago I started to notice extremely slow response from everything then I was just about to root my phone, when I found this thread.

I hate the fact that silly applications are on by default (social apps specially), and there are they consuming CPU and draining memory and battery.

Either way, I did both tips provided here, and now It's like a new phone. definetively MUcH better, than after only the full reinstall.

0) I fully charged the telephone

1) Do a full backup with Sony Companion.

2) I deleted everything from the internal storage, through Sony Companion.

3) Unplugged the USB.

4)  I did a factory reset, from inside Configuration menu (Backup & restore).

5) The phone restart as the reset process

6) Enter google account information, this reinstall automtically every software you had (provided you had backup your information on your google account).

7) Restore everything with Sony Companion (this leaves your cell phone EXACTLY at the same stage, settings and data, amazing!)

It took me abou 1 hour, with 2GB of data to backup, but the improvement is amazing.

I blame this behaviour to Android, since a full clean reinstall "fixes" everything (Windoze's style), it seems that is an back end problem (S.O.), and not Sony's exclusive fault.