Sola is so lagging after ICS update

SOLVED
Steven11
Visitor

Sola is so lagging after ICS update

After updated to ICS for few days,

• my Sola is slowing down,
  • battery drain faster after day 1,
  • phone is lagging  badly when got call in, swipe the slider to pick up the phone have to wait few second to see the screen then the voice, sometime lagged even badly until can't pick up the calls......

now i'm regret to update to ICS... sigh... i hope Sony quickly do something to finetune the system.

36 REPLIES 36
gksanthosh
Visitor

Hi, Pleae help my sola battery drains out in just over two hours after the upgrade.Thanks santhosh

rkokaushik
Visitor

USE POWERSAVE APP (MADE BY SONY)

DOWNLOAD IT HERE...

http://db.tt/CPbAZleR

YOU CAN EVEN IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE BY TURNING ON POWER MANAGEMENT (ONLY AVAILABLE IN ICS) OPTION IN THE SETTINGS....

amolsatkar
Visitor

Hi Kaushik,

Even I had the same problems after updating sola to ICS 4.0.4. Did lot of reaserch and didnt get any response from support team. Finally I did some R&D in developer options in settings. I change "transition animation scale from 1x to 0.5x" and it did work.

Actually it is the delay time set to see the animated window when we switch in between the screens like home to contacts or messages or settings. It reduces the time hence you get quicker response when you actually open an application. Try this and I am sure you will be happy with your sola. Do share it with other Sola users.

amolsatkar
Visitor

Even I had the same problems after updating sola to ICS 4.0.4. Did lot of reaserch and didnt get any response from support team. Finally I did some R&D in developer options in settings. I change "transition animation scale from 1x to 0.5x" and it did work.

Settings --> Developer Options --> Transition Animation Scale

Actually it is the delay time set to see the animated window when we switch in between the screens like home to contacts or messages or settings. It reduces the time hence you get quicker response when you actually open an application. Try this and I am sure you will be happy with your sola. Do share it with other Sola users.

ICS update rocks for Sola, even my battery life has inclreased. Standby time is amazing, i noticed if I keep my mobile in night with data connection on, it only cosumes about 10 to 12% of battery as compared to 30-35% before update.

kavya8484
Visitor

AMol, the battery problem is still there even after I upgraded to the

latest version of the software. And when I type while charging the phone

there is no touch sensitivity. I can't type a single word properly. I have

been having this problem even after repeated reset to factory settings

also. The charge in the battery just vanishes as though it has been in use

even when I have logged out of most of the apps especially facebook and

switched of the data, reduced the screen light, still wallpaper and

everything recommended by the Sony technical team.

But nothing is happening. I tried the settings you suggested. The software

has become a little faster. But the problems have not gone. Have to charge

my phone twice a day even if I have charged it 100% the night before.

Also there is dialer - phonebook problem that I am facing. whenever I open the dialer, I find the phone book instead of the dialer option there.

I am fed up and frustrated to the core. I have been asking the Sony

technical team to help me out. The only solution they offer is to take the

phone to their service center. I don't trust any company's service center

coz of a couple of bad experiences with the nokia service center guys.

I am left high and dry without getting a proper solution from the Sony

technical team.

I am scared to flash my phone and change the os to gingerbread since I am

not too good at technical stuff

amolsatkar
Visitor

Kavya,  if there is issue in hardware then I dont think we will be able to fix it by just updating the software.

Regarding the battery, please set the display brightness to low and uncheck "adapt to lighting conditions". Also in power management there is option Battery which shows which application consuming how much battery. Display should be consuming the most. If there is any application which is heavy on battery, get rid of it.

One more point which I noticed, I tried charging my phone by using Sony charger, car charger and Galaxy S3 charger. The interesting fact that I noticed is the time taken to charge the phone and the time battery last are different...!!!

With Galaxy S3 charger --> battery charged very quickly and lasts really long.

with Sony charger --> takes time to charge and last comparitively less

with car charger --> worst performance.

Though you can see phone is charged 100% , i think it also matters how its charged.  Thinking_Face

Regarding dialer, try to download dialer application from Android market.

kavya8484
Visitor

I am done with these guys. I ma planning to lodge a consumer complaint against Sony. I dont know how far it will help. But I will surely do it though.