Join now - be part of our community!

Synchronization problem with Google & SE

SOLVED
Not applicable

Synchronization problem with Google & SE

After the last update ( software n : 2.1.A.0.435) my phone doesn't make contacts sync nor with Google account neither with SE, when I try to make it manually everything looks OK but when I open my accounts on PC there is no Change!!!

Before the last update it was working perfectly, I tried many times and no changes.

Did any one face this problem??

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it's quite simple

open your phonebook

press MENU button -> tap on Send Contacts -> select all -> send it to your email, download the file, go to your gmail and add contacts and select the vcf file you just downloaded, and voila done.

gwhispererz
Champion

Ok, do this simple 'add new contact' task to make you understand the difference between PHONE and GMAIL contacts. Goto PHONEBOOK, tap the create new contact (top rite corner - head with a plus sign), did you see 'Phone contact' and 'xxxx@gmail.com' (your gmail account). Both are different sets of contacts. Since you are not able to sync-ed your gmail contacts, that means your 'xxxx@gmail.com' contact list is empty. Hope this clarifies everything.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

to clarify

after you downloaded the file,

go to your gmail

click on contacts

click on more actions

on the drop down menu click on "import"

choose the file

and click import

done

Not applicable

So you mean that i I don't have any Google contacts in my phone there will not be any sync?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

open your phonebook
press MENU button
-> tap on Send Contacts
-> select all
-> send it to your email
on your computer
-> download the file
-> go to your gmail
-> click on contacts
-> click on more actions
-> on the drop down menu click on "import"
-> choose the file
-> and click import
done
gwhispererz
Champion

Simple answer is YES .... Slightly_smiling_Face . Finally you have sorted out. Great!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

no problem.

Not applicable

Thank you I don't know why I did not think of this before:smileyshocked:

the problem now when I tap on Send contacts a message appears : The application Phonebook (process com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook) has stopped  unexpectedly. Please try again

I tried many times and I reboot my phone and the same

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

maybe the phone can't handle so many contacts at once, I have 224 contacts and it work fine, try to do the same but do it in 2 parts (half the contacts then the other half)

Not applicable

The message appears before I can choose any contact. I deleted my contacts and restore some but I still have the same problem, H think there is something wrong in the software.

Thanks for your help