Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia go in sea water

SOLVED
finch1221
Visitor

Xperia go in sea water

Hey there can I swim with my xperia go in sea water please reply coz I try it and nothing happened but can I do it again and again????

30 REPLIES 30
Johan
Master

I do not understand what you're reaching for. But I think that we both can agree on that the phone has an IP rating and we both know what that IP rating means.

Sea water or fresh water doesn't really matter since sea water has higher density.

Don't forget that this thread was created, asking about sea water.

JohnSt
Visitor

Tes wrote:

Ingress Protection Rating (IP Rating) is an IEC standart for electrical enclosures and not what a phone can take.

It says nothing aboout fresh or sea water. It just says water. And my guess is that you also make electrical enclosures to use in sea water. So the rating is water fresh or sea.

14.2 of IEC 60529 specifically states that "the tests are conducted with fresh water." In other words there is no requirement that the enclosure can withstand salt water or any other sort of contaminated water. The Go might withstand it (I have no idea), but it's not part of the standard.

For IP67 certification the test is:

The test is made by completely immersing the enclosure in water in its service position as specified by the manufacturer so that the following conditions are satisfied:

a) the lowest point of enclosures with a height less than 850 mm is located 1 meter below the surface of the water;

b) the highest point of enclosures with a height equal to or greater than 850 mm is located 150 mm below the surface of the water;

c) the duration of the test is 30 min;

d) the water temperature does not differ from that of the equipment by more than 5K. However, a modified requirement may be specified in the relevant product standard if the tests are to be made when the equipment is energized and/or its parts in motion.

finch1221
Visitor

I use the camera in water and this is the link to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKK3MrqJe0Q&feature=plcp

Tes
Visitor

Ok. I just can't find that anywhere on the net.

The only thing I can find is that they say water. Not fresh or anything else. Just water.

JohnSt
Visitor

Tes wrote:

The only thing I can find is that they say water. Not fresh or anything else. Just water.

Presumably you have only read short summaries written by other people and not the standard itself. The IEC standards are not free. You have to pay for the documents.

nobody1
Visitor

Tes wrote:

We can find more together.

Basic standard is not enough !

Warranty conditions are most important for me !

Someone will test the sea water. Sooner or later.

finch1221
Visitor

I told every body I test it man when iam using the camera in sea water and this is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKK3MrqJe0Q&feature=plcp

Luinwethion
Visitor

Last saterday and sunday I was using my phone in the sea, 20 (or more) minutes on the water each time, and I saw now problem.

Water is water, Ok, salt is more corrisive, but if it is water proof, it is water proof. Slightly_smiling_Face

mazzi
Visitor

sea water is salty, it may cause problem...

gad_g
Visitor

and here is my Xperia Go in the sea water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJ8gwPy0Ko&feature=g-upl