Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia go in sea water

SOLVED
finch1221
Visitor

Xperia go in sea water

Hey there can I swim with my xperia go in sea water please reply coz I try it and nothing happened but can I do it again and again????

30 REPLIES 30
finch1221
Visitor

Look this is more nice in the sea of ur enemy ( it is in tyre) Dizzy_Face  dont be scared Dizzy_Face they are just rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKK3MrqJe0Q&feature=plcp

finch1221
Visitor

seriously does the acro s arrive to Isreal yet,it seems that it didnt arrive to the middle east I am waiting for it but when it will arrive I will get it even if it is in ur country Dizzy_Face

gad_g
Visitor

I already saw it. but i went in the water u stayed dry:smileyhappy:.

and,  i don't have enemies , unless they want to be.

gad_g
Visitor

the arco s is still not available in isare, it should arrive in the next coming month

finch1221
Visitor

Why this company always delay its products???,what about the xperia v and t Ive heared that it is available in Isreal??

gad_g
Visitor

We still don't have them here.

The best option is to ask someone that visits the u.s to buy it for u.

and what about ICS for the Go ?

finch1221
Visitor

The ICS will be available in the end of octobar and it will be the best ics update there is a lot of cool things in it so it is worth waiting(walkman app,small apps,movie app....)

SIM37
Visitor

I've had my acro S for only ONE DAY and i did a similar water test by just holding the phone under water 2-3 inches and the following day, the screen just flickered and the display went off!!

I went to the Singapore service centre and now they're looking at the phone. I've got an initial call from Sony which the rep said that they found "extensive corrosion" from the phone and if they can't fix it they will deem that its user misusage.

I was outraged at it as the phone is rated IP57. I'm waiting for someone more senior to make a decision as the phone is less than 1 day old and this has happened

Will update the progress of my phone shortly. I am demanding a handset replacement if the water seal isn't even able to handle such a minor dip. I hope I just got a lemon and that it can be repalced.

guete
Visitor

Hi,

I am interesting with this discussion since  I had my Go into sea water yesterday.

I went to beach yesterday and playing around with my friend. and somehow I fall into water with Go in my pocket.

it was not deep, just about 50cm.

I suddenly take out the phone from my pocket because it was getting hot and hotter.

the camera led flashing randomly, but nothing I can do since the battery could not opened.

the phone itself is die now. cannot switch it on.

I called sony call center two hours later and ask them what should I do to stop the heat? they said nothing I can do except bring it to service center. and they said also that my warranty will no longer valid.

it's funny, since what I understand about IP67 is about water only, not "sea water" or "tasteful water". and now sony have self interpretation about how IP67 should be.

huff.. it is confusing and make me really upset..

babykath04
Visitor

i have my xperia go. the water entered the lcd after it fell on the water just for 5 seconds. the service center doesnt want to fix it. they say it doesnt cover by the warranty. i just used the phone fo 3 weeks then that incidence happened. the specification says that phones capacity is 30 mins. and 1 meter then why the water entered the lcd? PLS HELP