Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Update!

I've just tried a dozen or so stations on my STR-DN1040 and it does look like normal service has resumed on this device also. If like me you have saved some stations to your favourites and they no longer work, it might just be that those stations no longer exist. It was mentioned recently elsewhere in the forum that some stations had been  removed whilst others have been added, this does not necessarily mean the service isn't now working properly.

However, please do report back if your own devices are/aren't working yet.

Thanks again!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
pb1965

Well that is great news. Let's hope we don't get another repeat anytime soon (or ever even!)

FranekK
Explorer

Unfortunately I can't confirm this for CMT-G2BNiP. Still only one radio station from my favourite list is available... and these what are not I see on the vTuner site and can listen to them there. E.g. Radio Swiss Jazz mentioned before by someone is not available on my device (Cannot play, an is missing in Genre -> Jazz -> Switzerland list, although is available on www.vTuner.com) BR, FK
Pistabacsi

STR-DN1040 here & still limited service.

Althogh BBC 6 Music is listed on the vt site (& even in the editor's picks on the device) no dice.

: Smileyplain:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@FranekK wrote:
Unfortunately I can't confirm this for CMT-G2BNiP. Still only one radio station from my favourite list is available... and these what are not I see on the vTuner site and can listen to them there. E.g. Radio Swiss Jazz mentioned before by someone is not available on my device (Cannot play, an is missing in Genre -> Jazz -> Switzerland list, although is available on www.vTuner.com) BR,FK

Hi FranekK,

I did say in my earlier post that if you have saved some stations in your favourites and they no longer work it might be that they've been withdrawn from service for good. It doesn't necessarily mean vTuner isn't working again.

Also you may not be aware that the station list on your device may differ from other devices also. For example on my Blu-ray player I have stations that I cannot receive on my home theater receiver. I have never been able to receive those, even prior to the recent problems. I don't know why the station listings differ for each device but they do.

Yes you're right in that some Genres are missing, I like some of the stations from Amsterdam but that's missing also however I cannot say if it was there previously. I think you'll find that the vTuner site has the most comprehensive list of ALL stations but we don't necessarily receive all of them anyway.

richardc79

Uhmm i don't agree with that.

Just checked vTuner on my mx700ni and i still lost more then 70% of the stations i used to have!

So, i think this issue isn't solved and the service of vTuner is still very limited due to the contract issues with sony.

Can users from other devices check if they have all the station they had before? (before they lost the vTuner service) Cause for me this issue isn't solved at all....

I still have a very limited vTuner and lost all of my favourite stations. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

STR-DN1040 here & still limited service.

Althogh BBC 6 Music is listed on the vt site (& even in the editor's picks on the device) no dice.

: Smileyplain:

As per my post to FranekK, we don't seem to receive ALL stations on our devices and each device differs. You may have BBC 6 Music listed on your own device but it could be that it has now been withdrawn for your own device. Have you refreshed the station list to see if it disappears? Perhaps check it at different times throughout the day, some station don't broadcast 24/7

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi richardc79,

Sorry to hear that, I've marked my post as not solved temporarilly until we've had further feedback. For me personally however the issue is solved on my devices.

You mention that you've lost around 70% of stations you used to have, did you make a list previously? If so can you send me the list so I can check if they work on my devices?

Unless like you other's have wrtten a list of the stations they did have I don't think people would be able to check this so easily.

People keep mentioning their favourites but as I said, some stations have been taken away recently and others introduced. Have you also refreshed the list of stations? Have you looked through the various stations to see if your favourite has moved?

Pistabacsi

@MK_Slinky 

I know the 6 music broadcast times to be honest & I am assuming (as your 1040 seems to be coming back to "life") it could be still rolling out to other regions (I am in Hungary for example).

So, I'll try it later to see if anything's changed.

Not sure how to refresh the stations list on the amp though.

I'll post any update here for info.

audrey84

On my 2 x MX750NI we have loose all the 20 preset radio and none are now in the Vtuner list off my Sony device (and during this time my 2 x Q2 radio  are alway on...).