Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia sola ICS update

SOLVED
josegamez
Visitor

Xperia sola ICS update

Why has the "Xperia sola, SI numbers for ICS update" list not been updated for days?

Does Sony actually think they can take weeks to roll out an update and not lose customers? Please study your competition Sony Mobile, because you are already at the brink of death.

When Asus released their ICS upgrade for my tablet (MONTHS ago btw) I got my update within hours, and so did the rest of the world.

Do you realize ICS was released by Google almost a year ago? So not only did you have the guts to release a 2012 phone with an outdated OS from 2010, but then you claim the update began a couple of days before the end of Q3 in a pathetic attempt to cover the fact that you have now failed your promise to release an update before Q3.

Your competitors are discussing Jelly Bean with their customers, and Sony won't even answer their customer's questions regarding release dates for SI numbers so they can get their one year old outdated OS.

Also please have the decency to remove this lie from your website:

"The latest Sony experience upgrade is now available for your Xperia™ smartphone including the latest Android software version." from http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-sola/ and all other instances.

Not only is the update not available to everyone, but it's not the latest Android version, so don't lie, be transparent and tell the truth, ICS is an outdated OS.

Since you don't do your market research let me tell you the recipe for not losing your jobs:

- Give transparent answers to your customers, we pay for your salaries

- You should be releasing Jelly Bean right now, don't expect us to thank you for an outdated OS with a very late and slow release.

- Update rollouts should take hours to complete around the world, yes hours, a couple of days at most. Why? Because your competitors do it and we will move to them.

Please step out of the Open Handset Alliance if you're not gonna do your part. This phone is the last opportunity I give Sony after years of buying Sony Ericsson phones exclusively, and I'm sure it's the same way for many of your customers, you are running out of opportunities to do things the right way. Release updates promptly and stop ignoring customers' questions.

33 REPLIES 33
davishwa
Visitor

There is nothing bad about the Sony Xperia Sola. I bought the phone. There is no lack. So the android version is nothing. Why so angry that there is no update for the version u want?

skyfast
Visitor

i think ur a living fossil no offense. we are just want to be civilized Slightly_smiling_Face

Davita
Visitor

This is my FIRST AND LAST SONY phone :@ :@ :@

Waiting for years to upgrade for several years old OS is an insult. I'm going to throw my sola to trash @ :@ :@:smileyangry:

inevitable666
Visitor

My Sola sl # is 1261-5054

I am unable to upgrade to ICS, what seems to be the issue here, any Sony officials would like to comment on this, I would like to upgrade my phone at the earliest.

Thank you